In a recent interview, French thriller writer David Khara talked about the protagonist of his Consortium thriller series, the Mossad agent Eytan Morg. But is he really a Mossad agent? Find out below. Read the full interview here—in it he also talks about how he writes the books and more.
The Protagonist: A Mossad agent?
- Eytan works for Mossad at the beginning of the series, but he insists on the fact that he is Polish. In The Bleiberg Project, we learn he was born in a little village in Poland.
- Eytan considers himself a shield against barbarism and fascism, and he works with people who hunt war criminals.
- Being Jewish is the reason he was sent to Warsaw’s Ghetto, but religion means little to Eytan, since no god showed up to save him as a child.
- In The Shiro Project, we learn that Eytan leaves England in the 1950s to join Mossad, but in The Morgenstern Project, it becomes obvious that Eytan works with Mossad, and not for it.
- Has Eytan ever been in love, or even shared someone’s life? I think you’ll have to wait for the next books to find out.
- David is currently working on a thriller that deals with tax evasion and nuclear material trafficking. "Once I’m done with it, I’ll start working on Eytan’s return!"