Winemaker Detective authors Jean-Pierre Alaux and Noël Balen visited pop.edit.lit blog. Click here to find what they have to say to these questions.
- Who would your dream writing partner be?
- What does it mean for you to have a writing partner - what benefits have you found?
- What is the best advice you have had about working with a writing partner?
- You’ve described the series as exploring France’s cultural heritage, can you tell us more about what the series covers of your homeland’s heritage, other than wine-making? What did you want the series to show the world about France and its people?
- Why did you decide to make Benjamin half-English? What was your aim in that?
- What are the essential elements of a mystery for you? What are the essential elements of a mystery in your series?
- I read an interview in which you both described working together, setting out ten summaries and plotting those stories for the series – how does having such a plan help or hinder how you write the series – have you ever gone against those plans and those summaries? How did that change the books?
- Congratulations on the series being made into a TV show! What a thrill it must be to see your characters come to life onscreen?
- What has the series managed to enhance with respect to your writing and the books?