Last Updated: December 16, 2011
Le French Book is committed to protecting your privacy. This Statement of Privacy applies to the Le French Book website and governs data collection and usage. By using the Le French Book website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site or fill out a form. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name or email address. We could also ask you for anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your ZIP code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favorites.
There is also information about your computer hardware and software that could be collected automatically. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used to maintain quality of the service and to provide general statistics regarding use of our website.
Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through any public message boards or forums, this information may be collected and used by others.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To deliver services you have requested.
- To personalize your experience. Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our website. We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service. Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support need.
- To process transactions. Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested by the customer.
- To send periodic emails. The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information or updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
- Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- We will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Le French Book or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Le French Book (including enforcing this agreement); and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Le French Book, or the public.
How do we protect your information?
No method of safeguarding information is 100% secure. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or other rights, property or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
If you provide Le French Book with user information, you have the following rights with respect to that information:
- To review the user information that you have supplied to us
- To request that we correct any errors, outdated information, or omissions in user information that you have supplied to us
- To request that your user information not be used to contact you
- To request that your user information be removed from any solicitation list that we use
- To request that your user information be deleted from our records and
- To opt out of being solicited by this website or third parties
If you request that your user information be deleted from our records, there may be a brief delay in our processing that request, while verify that the request is valid and originates from you as opposed to an unauthorized third party. If you request that your information be deleted, we reserve the right to terminate and/or limit your access to the Le French Book website. To exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
Changes to this statement
Le French Book may occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. Changes will be posted on this page. When such a change is made, we will update the “Last Updated” date above.
To unsubscribe from Le French Book subscriptions
You may unsubscribe from Le French Book communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of the company’s emails.
Le French Book welcomes your comments. You may contact us through the contact page on this website.