MEDIA KIT – The Bleiberg Project
Online Press Tools
About the book
What if Hitler’s super-Aryan existed? Depressed golden boy trader Jay Novacek is having a bad week when he finds himself thrown into a race to save the world from a horrific conspiracy straight out of the darkest hours of history. Can it be stopped? This fast-paced thriller took France by storm when it was first published, reaping superlatives: “Spellbinding,” “exceptional,” “staggering,” captivating,” “brilliant,” “astounding,”"fascinating.” Think a dash of Robin Cook, a splash of John Grisham and a pinch of Clive Cussler with a very distinctive voice all it’s own. The book catapulted its author, David Khara, into the ranks of the country’s top thriller writers.
- “A solid thriller” -Publishers Weekly
- An instant bestseller in France with over 100,000 copies sold.
- Winner of the Prix Blue Moon for Best Thriller
- Movie currently in the making
- “A unique, exceptional thriller…a phenomenon.” –Gérard Collard, France 5
- “An astounding thriller.”–Télé7jours
About the author
David Khara studied law, worked as a reporter for Agence France Press, was a top-level athlete, and ran his own business for a number of years. Now, he is a full-time writer. Khara wrote his first novel—a vampire thriller—in 2010, before starting his Consortium thriller series. The first in the series, The Bleiberg Project, became an immediate bestseller in France, catapulting Khara into the ranks of the country’s top thriller writers.
Here are some interviews of the author:
- Inspiration behind action-packed thriller
- Top thriller writer on writing, World War II and hope
- Gearing up for international conspiracy thriller release
- Crime Fiction Lover’s Marina interviews David Khara
About the translator
Simon John was born in the United Kingdom. After graduating from Cambridge University, he stage-managed and produced theatre for two years. A quest for wine, women and goat cheese led him to Paris, where he began working in film production and translation. While his focus has been on translating and subtitling movies, such as Michael Haneke’s Palme d’Or-winner Love and blockbusters Taken 1 & 2, Simon has also translated for Yasmina Réza, the art magazine L’Officiel Art and gardening manuals. After twenty fertile years and 3,713 goat cheese salads in Paris, he is now based in Berlin.
The Bleiberg Project
by David Khara; translated by Simon John — $7.99 — published by Le French Book — ISBN: 978-0-9853206-9-0 (Kindle)/ 978-1-939474-99-5 (epub) — First published in French (Le Projet Bleiberg, Editions Critic) — Direct-to-digital translation; ebook exclusive; release date: April 30, 2013
- Publishers Weekly, March 11, 2013 issue: “Early in Khara’s solid thriller, Jeremy Novacek, a Wall Street trader struggling with alcohol and personal issues, learns that his long-estranged father, Air Force Lt. Gen. Daniel J. Corbin, is dead. When Novacek tells his invalided mother the news, she hands him her locket and asks him to leave. Inside the locket is a tiny key embossed with a swastika. From an unexpected source Jay learns more about the key and his father. Soon, he’s on a plane to Zurich in the company of CIA agent Jackie Walls. Deadly Mossad agent Eytan Morg joins the action. Background passages describe a mysterious consortium that aided the rise of Hitler and abetted the medical experimentation performed by Nazis. Khara limns an incredible scenario in which the heinous activities of scientist Viktor Bleiberg reach out of the past to form a dire threat only an unlikely trio can deflect. (Apr.)”
- Thinking about Books blog: “This is a great translation, nicely catching the rhythms of US English and developing considerable narrative drive as we quickly get into the action. The narrative is built around multiple flashbacks so we can slowly piece the key events together before and during the War… more interesting than the conventional linear novel.” Read full review.
- “It’s fast paced, nonstop action, which makes ‘The Bleiberg Project’ extremely difficult to put down.” From Smeethsays.
- Fresh Meat from Criminal Element: “This book kept me completely involved from the first page. The suspense is incredible because all the events take place in a matter of days. And they are action-packed days. Khara did his research and used it to weave a tale so believable you’ll find yourself shuddering because it could be happening right now. This is one of those books I wanted to end so I could know what happened, but then I went back to the first page and started reading again because I know there were details I missed.”
- Library Journal: ”Khara’s thriller, with its pared-down prose, pell-mell pace, and extreme brevity, might remind some of Ian Fleming’s Bond novels or Adam Hall’s Quiller series…A quick read to be savored as a hurried snack rather than a leisurely French meal.”
- “This is an excellent thriller that everyone should pick up…another great read from the team at LeFrenchBook.” From Musing of a Writer and Unabashed Francophile
DAVID KHARA SHOTS
- The Bleiberg Project cover 1565×2500
READ IT NOW
Available now on Kindle, Nook, or Kobo.