MEDIA KIT – Paris Homicide Series
Online Press Tools
Gritty Paris mysteries
Explore Paris with suspense, mystery and a good dose of police work and forensics.
This series by the “French Michael Connelly” sheds a whole new light on Paris, as readers follow Chief of Police Nico Sirsky and his team of elite detectives as they keep the streets of the French capital safe.
The 7th Woman
There’s no rest for Paris’s top criminal investigation division, La Crim’. Who is preying on women in the French capital? How can he kill again and again without leaving any clues? A serial killer is taking pleasure in a macabre ritual that leaves the police on tenterhooks. Chief of Police Nico Sirsky—a super cop with a modern-day real life, including an ex-wife, a teenage son and a budding love story—races against the clock to solve the murders as they get closer and closer to his inner circle. Will he resist the pressure?
- “A taut and terror-filled thriller with a lightning-quick, sinister plot.” – Robert Dugoni, New York Times bestselling author
- “Ratcheting tension won’t let you put the book down.” – Cara Black, bestselling author of Paris mysteries
- Winner of France’s prestigious Prix du Quai des Orfèvres prize for best crime fiction, named Best Crime Fiction Novel of the Year, and already an international bestseller with over 150,000 copies sold.
To find out more about the book, click here.
The 7th Woman
by Frédérique Molay; translated by Anne Trager —e-book $7.95; trade paperback $16.95—published by Le French Book — ISBN: 978-0-9853206-6-9 (Kindle)/ 978-0-9853206-7-6 (epub)/ 978-1-939474-03-2 (trade paperback)/ — First published in French (La 7e Femme, Librairie Arthème Fayard, Paris) — Direct-to-digital translation available; trade paperback release: June 10, 2014
BOOK COVER IMAGES
Crossing the Line
Imagine Christmas in Paris and an uneasy feeling that something is very wrong in the case you are investigating. Dental students discovered a message in the tooth of a severed head. Is it a sick joke? Sirsky and his team of crack homicide detectives follow the clues from an apparent suicide, to an apparent accident, to an all-out murder as an intricate machination starts breaking down. Just how far can despair push a man? How clear is the line between good and evil?
Find out more about the book here
Kindle release date: Summer 2014
Other ebook and print book release date: September 2014
Crossing the Line
by Frédérique Molay; translated by Anne Trager —published by Le French Book — ISBN: 9781939474148 (trade paperback)/ 9781939474155 (e-book)/ 9781939474162 (hardback)— First published in French (Dent pour dent, Librairie Arthème Fayard, Paris) — Print release: September 28, 2014
BOOK COVER IMAGES
- Crossing the Line cover 333×500
About the author
She’s been called “the French Michael Connelly.” After The 7th Woman took France by storm, former politician Frédérique Molay dedicated her life to writing and raising her three children. She has five books to her name, with three in the Nico Sirsky series, with a fourth in the writing.
For more information about the author, click here.
FREDERIQUE MOLAY SHOTS
About the translator
The translator, Anne Trager has lived in France for over 26 years, working in translation, publishing and communications. In 2011, she woke up one morning and said, “I just can’t stand it anymore. There are way too many good books being written in France not reaching a broader audience.” That’s when she founded Le French Book to translate some of those books into English. The company’s motto is “If we love it, we translate it,” and Anne loves crime fiction.
- “Molay uses meticulous police procedure and forensics to bolster gripping scenes of terror. Let’s hope more installments from this series cross the ocean soon.” –Booklist
- ForeWord Reviews: The 7th Woman: “a slick, highly realistic, and impeccably crafted thriller. Likable characters, outstanding pacing, and unexpected plot twists that keep readers guessing throughout…an extraordinary, hard-hitting novel.”
- Durango Herald: “It is a handsomely written and wonderfully translated Parisian police procedural that also will prowl your mind…The ugly parts are appalling, but Molay has the prowess to touch lightly upon them before exploring the horror seeping into the hardened police ranks”
- Above the Law - At the Scene of the Crime: “Author Frérerique Molay writes very well, and occasionally there is a touch of horror and a layer of suspense throughout…the plot manages to take you to interesting places. And overall, it was an enjoyable book to read. I commend Anne Trager’s translation of the book—it was really quite well-done, and the editing and formatting for the Kindle was also well done.”
- CriminalElement.com: Fresh Meat - The 7th Woman by Frédérique Molay: “Author Frédérique Molay does a superb job of building the suspense in overt and subtle ways…Don’t pick this book up unless you’re planning to read for a while because, I assure you, you won’t be able to put it down.”
- 5-star Amazon review: ”It is the best mystery/police procedural I have read in quite some time.”
- 5-star Amazon review: ”The writing is superb and so refreshing to have a translation in American English. Keeps you guessing… the whole story is so beautifully crafted it is hard to put down once you start it.”
- 5-star Amazon review: ”Would have given it nine out of ten stars if Amazon used my personal ranking system… This book is an outstanding page turner and I hope that more of this author’s books are translated into English. Translation is very good. Peripheral characters slowly and casually appear as plot progresses and readers will find themselves raising an eyebrow and thinking “could this be the perpetrator? ” Author keeps you guessing.”
- 5-star Amazon review: What a terrific suspense novel. Just could not put it down until I finished it that night. Recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a thrilling read.”
- 5-star Amazon review: ”It was so thrilling that I started to read faster to get more of the story; I stayed up 2 hours later than normal … just to finish… then, felt disappointed because the story ended. I wanted to know what happened to the characters, Nico’s ex-wife, his son and the new love of his life, the Doc…If you want a fast paced, exciting mystery story, “The 7th Woman” is the next book you should e-read, you won’t be disappointed, well maybe a little, disappointed that the story ended.”
- 5-star Amazon review: ”The story is gripping (a gripping story is one that I stay up too late reading), a bit gory – as others have mentioned – and educational as to the workings of the Paris police. Like most good detective stories false leads and possible suspects abound. Patience and good police work win out, but at a significant cost.”
- 5-star Amazon review: ”This is an interesting and entertaining book, but it also has wonderful lighthearted moments and a dash of romance. The story is taut and fascinating. A great murder mystery with good police procedurally. If you’re a true mystery fan, you’ll like this one.”
- 5-star Amazon review: ”This book was fantastic. I was on the edge of my seat reading it, and the twists and turns kept me guessing until the reveal. I only hope that more books in the series with Nico Sirsky will be translated, as I think I’ve found a new favourite author!”
- 5-star Amazon review: ”All in all, a very entertaining puzzle and a good read.”
- Finding Time to Write: “The plot has plenty of twists and dead ends to keep you guessing and entertained: it certainly had me reading until late at night. But what I really liked about the books are the realistic and workman-like descriptions of the police investigation…All in all, an enjoyable, solid police procedural, which proves you can sustain suspense without going overboard on thrillerish elements.”
- Marienella – Books, Fashion, Movies: “With the crime-solving tenacity of “CSI” and the bold profiling moves of “Criminal Minds”, The 7th Woman takes back from television what was once the purview of books – cerebral crime-solving thriller that hooks you from the first moment on.”
- Crossing the Line review: “Molay is slowly building the major and minor characters who will appears in each of the books in the series. She’s molding them into separate people who have lives, loves and families. I’m looking forward to the third book in the series.”
RELATED BLOG POSTS
- Behind the Scenes of France’s Top Crime Fiction Award
- “Give them a good read and some chills”
- A writing life: meet Frédérique Molay
- Blockbuster author talks about inspiration
- Meet the author: Frédérique Molay
- The Birth of an Award-Winning Procedural
- Le French Book Releases Prize-winning Bestseller by “the French Michael Connelly” in English
- Le French Book Brings French Bestselling Crime Fiction to the Rest of the World
- New Publisher Brings Great French Fictions Stateside
- Bestselling Police Procedural by “the French Michael Connelly” Set for Release in English
- Le French Book adds blockbuster Paris crime fiction novel to lists
- Bestselling Police Procedural by the “French Michael Connelly” Set for Release in English