THE BLEIBERG PROJECT
by David Khara, translated by Simon John
Are Hitler’s atrocities really over? Find out in this adrenaline-pumping ride to save the world from a conspiracy straight out of the darkest hours of history.
1942, Poland. The head of the SS meets secretly with a scientist in charge of a major Third Reich project.
Present day. After another late night with yet another woman whose name he doesn’t remember, self-pitying golden boy trader Jay Novacek learns that his long-lost father has died, precipitating events that lead him to board a plane to Zurich. He’s got a Nazi medallion in his pocket, a hot CIA bodyguard next to him, and a clearly dangerous Mossad agent on his tail. What was his father investigating? Why was his mother assassinated? Why are unknown sides fighting over him with automatic weapons? Far from his posh apartment, he races to save the world from a horrific conspiracy. Can it be stopped?
You can read it now on Kindle, Nook, or Kobo.
Our books are available worldwide. Check your local ebook retailer. US Amazon readers can click above. All others can click here: Other Amazon stores. Coming soon to iTunes store.
- Blue Moon prize for best thriller
- Movie in the making
- Over 100,000 copies sold in France
French author David Khara, a former journalist, top-level sportsman, and entrepreneur, is a full-time writer. Khara wrote his first novel—a vampire thriller—in 2010, before starting his Consortium thriller series. The first thriller in the series, The Bleiberg Project, was an instant success in France, catapulting Khara into the ranks of the country’s top thriller writers.
Simon John was born in the United Kingdom. After graduating from Cambridge University, he stage-managed and produced theatre for two years. A quest for wine, women and goat cheese led him to Paris, where he began working in film production and translation. While his focus has been on translating and subtitling movies, such as Michael Haneke’s Palme d’Or-winner Love and blockbusters Taken 1 & 2, Simon has also translated for Yasmina Réza, the art magazine L’Officiel Art and gardening manuals. After twenty fertile years and 3,713 goat cheese salads in Paris, he is now based in Berlin.
“A solid thriller.”
“A unique, exceptional thriller…a phenomenon.”
–Gérard Collard, TV host, France 5
“An astounding thriller.”
“Fascinating, written with a sharp style, shock value and a lot of humor”
– Serge Perraud, www.lelitteraire.com
“Impossible to put down.”
–Temps de livres
“Brilliant and funny.”
–Chronique de Cassiopée
“A mix between action movie and a great espionage novel.”
“A spellbinding story…skillfully written”
“Captivating reading that won’t let go.”
- Publishers Weekly, Mar. 11, 2012 issue: “Early in Khara’s solid thriller, Jeremy Novacek, a Wall Street trader struggling with alcohol and personal issues, learns that his long-estranged father, Air Force Lt. Gen. Daniel J. Corbin, is dead. When Novacek tells his invalided mother the news, she hands him her locket and asks him to leave. Inside the locket is a tiny key embossed with a swastika. From an unexpected source Jay learns more about the key and his father. Soon, he’s on a plane to Zurich in the company of CIA agent Jackie Walls. Deadly Mossad agent Eytan Morg joins the action. Background passages describe a mysterious consortium that aided the rise of Hitler and abetted the medical experimentation performed by Nazis. Khara limns an incredible scenario in which the heinous activities of scientist Viktor Bleiberg reach out of the past to form a dire threat only an unlikely trio can deflect. (Apr.)”
- Thinking about Books blog: “This is a great translation, nicely catching the rhythms of US English and developing considerable narrative drive as we quickly get into the action. The narrative is built around multiple flashbacks so we can slowly piece the key events together before and during the War… more interesting than the conventional linear novel.” Read full review.
- “It’s fast paced, nonstop action, which makes ‘The Bleiberg Project’ extremely difficult to put down.” From Smeethsays.
- Fresh Meat from Criminal Element: “This book kept me completely involved from the first page. The suspense is incredible because all the events take place in a matter of days. And they are action-packed days. Khara did his research and used it to weave a tale so believable you’ll find yourself shuddering because it could be happening right now. This is one of those books I wanted to end so I could know what happened, but then I went back to the first page and started reading again because I know there were details I missed.”
- Library Journal: ”Khara’s thriller, with its pared-down prose, pell-mell pace, and extreme brevity, might remind some of Ian Fleming’s Bond novels or Adam Hall’s Quiller series…A quick read to be savored as a hurried snack rather than a leisurely French meal.”
- “This is an excellent thriller that everyone should pick up…another great read from the team at LeFrenchBook.” From Musing of a Writer and Unabashed Francophile
The Bleiberg Project
by David Khara; translated by Simon John — $7.99 — published by Le French Book — ISBN: 978-0-9853206-9-0 (Kindle)/ 978-1-939474-99-5 (epub) — First published in French (Le Projet Bleiberg, Les Editions Critic) — Direct-to-digital translation; ebook exclusive; available at all major ebook outlets. Release date: April 30, 2013.
For full media kit, click here