David Khara has always been a writer. After studying law, he stepped into journalism working for Agence France Press, and then became creative director for several advertising companies. He loves new technologies and started his own company at the age of twenty-four, becoming an online business pioneer for French industries. He served as a consultant for big-name companies such as Toyota, Clearchannel and Veolia for nearly twenty years, until he decided to change the course of his life and turn to writing fiction. In 2010, he published The Bleiberg Project, which became an immediate success and has sold more than 100,000 copies in France alone. He now dedicates his life to writing, and has published three books, which have reached the bestseller lists. David Khara is also an accomplished athlete in fencing and rubgy, and he even played football as a linebacker. He acknowledges that his culture is a much American as it is French, since he spent a lot of time in West Virginia and Manhattan, and is an avid fan of writers such as Dennis Lehane.
- Prix Blue Moon for Best Thriller
- Several weeks on bestseller lists in France
- Over 100,000 copies sold
Visit David’s French-language site for information about all the books he’s written in French, and all the great press he’s gotten, along with events he’s participating in: David Khara on the web.
- In a recent interview David says, “I am absolutely honest in what I do. I cry at sad scenes, laugh at funny ones, I feel each scene deeply.” Read the full interview at Crime Fiction Lover.
- In another interview, David says, “All my characters existed in real life; at least in both the way they think and behave. But they do not come out of one person, but several. Nobody around me is safe, since I constantly listen to people, and study their personalities in order to feed my characters.” Read the full interview by author Amy Metz.
- Find more interviews and guest blog posts listed here.
- David Khara on writing – Writing Tips 1 - Writing Tips 2 - Writing Tips 3 – Writing Tips 4
- Khara talks about genre fiction
“A major thriller author.”
– Plume Libre
“An extremely talented writer.”
– Noir suspense
“Among out best thriller writers.”
– Rayon polar
“A master of suspense.”
The Bleiberg Project
by David Khara; translated by Simon John —e-book $7.95, trade paperback $16.95 — published by Le French Book — ISBN: 978-0-9853206-9-0 (Kindle)/ 978-1-939474-99-5 (epub) / 978-1-939474-06-3 (trade paperback — First published in French (Le Projet Bleiberg, Les Editions Critic) — Direct-to-digital translation; e-book release date: April 30, 2013; trade paperback release: July 15, 2014.