What are you doing for Bastille Day? July 14 is around the corner and we are celebrating by running Bastille Day Sweepstakes so you can win your fill of summer reads. What about a good France-related read? A mystery set in Paris? A story of French gourmet attitude that mixes wine and crime? Something, anything by a French author?
Read on for some ways to spend your July 14, and more information about the giveaway.
- Get your crèpes, éclairs and fromage in New York City at the activities put on the FIAF.
- The French Cultural Center in Boston has a gig going on.
- If you’re in Los Angeles, you’ll find French wine, French can-can, and French cake at a do put on by French Tuesdays, and the Consulate General of France is hosting a French fair.
- Santa Barbara has a two-day French Festival, the 25th in a row.
- In San Diego, there’s a Bastille Day barbecue
- In Denver, the Alliance Française is having a Summer Soirée on July 13
- The Alliance Française is also at it in Tuscon, on July 14th
- On a tip from France Booktours: Bastille Day Chicago
- Anywhere in the world: Get in the French attitude with this story by seven of France’s top writers: A Bastille Day Story
This list is far, far from complete, and only meant to spark your curiosity so you’ll go out and look at what’s happening around you.
Bastille Day sweepstakes
Now is the time to get your fill of summer reads with our ereader-ebook Bastille Day sweepstakes. With our focus on entertaining reads from France, we couldn’t miss out on this Bastille Day opportunity to share what we are doing with new readers.
Here’s what’s up for grabs:
- An ereader. The top prize is a Nook ereader with ebook titles from its mystery and thriller collection.
- Suspense and authentic police procedure in Paris with two ebook copies of The 7th Woman by Frédérique Molay. In this “taut” and “lightning-quick” thriller, readers get to go to the French capital for “a slick, highly realistic, and impeccably crafted thriller.”
- Secrets and mystery in French countryside with two free ebook copies of The Paris Lawyer by Sylvie Granotier, a psychological thriller set between the sophisticated corridors of the Paris courts and a small backwater in central France, where rolling hills and quiet country life hide dark secrets.
- A perfect summer wine and crime whodunit, with two ebook copies of Treachery in Bordeaux by Jean-Pierre Alaux and Noël Balen. This wine novel immerses readers in French countryside and gourmet attitude with two amateur sleuths gumshoeing around Bordeaux wine country.
- An adrenaline pumping thriller for Bond lovers with two ebook copies The Bleiberg Project by David Khara. A World War II conspiracy resurfaces today in this fast-paced read that was an instant success in France.
The sweepstakes run from July 11 through July 14.
How do I enter?